We'll be happy to advise you


Start-up consulting services

Start-up consulting services:

  • Start-up advice regarding the company form (sole proprietorship, business partnership or public body)
  • General company forms:
    • Sole proprietorship
    • Private company
    • Partnership
    • Limited partnership
    • Private limited company
    • Public limited company
  • Special company forms:
    • GmbH & Co. KG
    • KGaA (Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien, i.e. partnership limited by shares)
    • Tax planning in the start-up phase

Business consulting services:

  • Tax consulting services with regards to real estate
  • Tax consulting services in relation to company restructurings (M&A)
    • Sale
    • Demerger
    • Merger
    • Change of the legal form
  • Tax planning and optimisation of the tax burden


Business consulting


Change accountants

It‘ so simple! FAQs and answers:

Do I need to stay with my tax consultant "forever"?

Like most other contracts, a contract with a tax consultant can be terminated. Please find the applicable cancellation periods in your consultancy contract. If you don’t have a contract, please assume that the cancellation period is 4 weeks.

Are there shorter cancellation periods?
According to Sec. 627 of the German Civil Code BGB, a client can cancel a consultancy contract at any time unless agreed otherwise. If you have lost trust in your tax consultant, you can cancel an existing contract with immediate effect.

What do I need to consider when looking for a new tax consultant?

Ask yourself what you expect from your new tax consultant.

Is it important to you that the tax consultant is located near you?
Should s/he be specialised in a certain field?
Should s/he be as digitalised as possible, or still be doing everything on paper?

Discuss your expectations with the potential new tax consultant before signing a consultancy contract. This way, both parties are clear on the expectations and related services.

Do I need to inform the tax authority?

It’s irrelevant to the tax authority who your tax consultant is, and they do not have a say in it either. You should still inform the tax office that your tax advisor is no longer serving you. The power of attorney of the former tax consultant needs to be revoked with the tax authority. It is a mere formality. Your new tax consultant can assist you in this regard.

Does my former tax consultant need to hand over all of my records and information?

The old tax consultant must enable a smooth changeover. However, if the old tax advisor still has outstanding receivables, he can keep the documents until the outstanding invoice has been paid. S/he doesn’t have to disclose personal notes to third parties.

Does my former tax consultant send my records and information to my new tax consultant?

Upon payment of all outstanding invoices, the tax consultant needs to transfer your information. In most cases, it is possible to transfer all information electronically. Most tax consultants use DATEV. This allows a smooth transfer.

We’ll remind you to submit your tax return. This service is for free.


Tax return reminder